Thursday, November 09, 2006

Hanks of shingles?

Okay- I just thought my knitting vernacular was finally coming in handy.

Background info to the conversation: We have a leak in the roof that B is going to fix this weekend.

B: I might need more shingles to make the repair on the roof. I better check the package of old shingles to see what the dye lot is in case I need to call the company and find more.

E: Wow--that is cool. They call the color of shingles by dye lots. It is just like yarn!

B: Actually, they don't. They call them aggregate lots. I just thought if I used the term dye lot you would know what I was talking about.

E: Oh.

B: But I might need a few hanks of shingles. Hee. Hee.

E: Very funny.

I'm not sure if I should be ecstatic or offended? Here I thought my knittin' lingo was coming in handy and the rest of the world was following the brilliant vocab of knitters. But my bubble was burst and my hubby (knowing that all I think about is knitting) lowered the construction lingo so I could have some chance of comprehending.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great! You not only taught B what hanks and dye lots are, but you taught him so well that he can now use them metaphorically. You should be ecstatic.

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwww...B just wanted to pretend HE actually knew what HE was talking about, that's what it is - really!! ;-)

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's more than Steve knows after 13 years of marriage to a knitter, at least he noticed that I knit. I am not sure if he could tell what color eyes I have!

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home