Thursday, January 04, 2007

Ooh la la!
















Purl is the cutest little shop! (Little is the operative word here) Knitters are greeted by the little sweaters hanging on the door-- each with a letter to spell out PURL.

My awesome brother, G, (also a knitter!) gave me and his girlfriend gift certificates to Purl for Christmas. What a guy! I love going to new yarn shops to see what things they have that I may never seen--oh the adventure of it all. So with the gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket we went in.

I bought a skein of 100% angora from France in the most beautiful lilac color. They had baby booties knit up in the angora from the "Last Minute Knitted Gifts" book by Joelle Hoverson. http://www.purlsoho.com/purl/our_books

I also purchased a magazine I can never find around here "Selvedge". It is an artsy take on anything fiber related. http://www.selvedge.org/default.aspx

I was very happy with my purchases and had waited outside with B and G while K had her yarns made into balls (there wasn't really enough room for a swift and ball winder--we're talking tiny!)

My bro is sitting next to me on the very convient bench for the knitting muggles. (Don't worry folks--I am done with my purchases and made B take our picture!)































I'm so happy!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home