Friday, January 05, 2007

Toasty Noggins

Hats are very satisfying to knit--they go quickly and are utilitarian. And these hats were fun to knit.

The first is a kit from Morehouse Farm that I bought on my last trip to Rhinebeck. http://www.morehousefarm.com/ Chocolate brown is becoming another of my favorite colors (what girl doesn't like chocolate!) and it looked cute with the pink. The flowers were fun to knit as well and were surprisingly easy. I decided to add the pearl buttons for a little something extra.

The fish bone hat is for my 10 year old cousin. It is knit from the Mission Falls 1824 "Just Kidding" patternbook. The yarn is nice and soft to knit with and superwash (we love our superwash). It comes in a rainbow of colors...just look at the colours! http://www.camillavalleyfarm.com/pics/mission/cottonbig.jpg

I was supposed to have it finished for Christmas Eve, but it didn't happen. I enjoyed the challenge of the intarsia fish bone pattern. It is the perfect way to learn something new. Small and one color! I really hope he likes the hat--if not I already have other takers.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home