Sunday, October 21, 2007

I bought a sheep!

That's right I bought a sheep! It isn't a Shetland, or a Jacob, or a Blue-faced Leicester....it is stuffed! Fooled you! He is a stuffed hand puppet named, Baaah...ob. He was one of many things that I couldn't resist this past weekend at Rhinebeck (and for you knitting muggles, that is one of the largest fiber events in the area). We had a great time searching for fiber among the bales of hay.

My purchases fell into 3 categories: fiber, animals/smelly stuff & notions/etc.
I bought six skeins of Socks that Rock yarn (2 for a hat, 2 for mittens and 2 for socks), a skein of cashmere for a lacy hat, some merino embroidery thread and a mitten kit from Morehouse Farm.

Here is Baaah..ob my sheep along with the smelly stuff "Moth Beware" from Got Soap?. It actually smells quite nice which is good because everything that was in the same bag with it smells the same. The black sheep is a sachet filled with lavender and was for fun.

Here are the miscellaneous items. I bought small wooden pins for blocking, but I really am going to steal a friend's idea to make knitting ball Christmas ornaments out of scrap yarn and two of theses pins to look like knitting needles. And then I bought a small original etching of asparagus (one of my favorite veggies) I really wanted to buy this print, but it was a bit out of my price range...there is always next year.

And Baaah..ob has already begun making pals with my cat Winston.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home