Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Rhinestones are a girl's best friend...

I just don't understand how people enjoy knitting lace. People actually make whole shawls out of lace...crazy! I am just terrible at it. Although I do like the way it is coming out...when I am not ripping back. I picked up a skein of 100% cashmere at Rhinebeck from Still River Mill in Connecticut. They had an example of a cute knitted lace hat (Buffalo Gal Lace Cap). Their hat was knit from buffalo fiber, but I wanted the greyer color and went with the cashmere instead.

This project which is only a quarter of the way started has required several life lines and the purchase of reading glasses. That's right...I went out and bought reading glasses (the inexpensive kind that are magnifiers) so I can stand some chance of seeing the stitches when I make a mistake. The bonus: The reading glasses have rhinestones!



It is hard to see in this picture but the holes (intentional holes) are coming along quite nicely. I just really have pay attention when working the lace repeat. And then count at the end of each row to be sure that I have the right number of stitches. Paranoid I know...but I have messed up so many times that I figure it is better to be safe than sorry.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home